How to make classic lasagne
- To make the meat sauce, heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a frying pan and cook 750g lean beef mince in two batches for approximately 10 mins until browned all over.
- Finely chop 4 slices of prosciutto from a 90g pack, then stir through the beef mixture.
- Pour 800g passata or half our fundamental tomato sauce recipe along with 200ml hot beef stock. Add a little grated nutmeg, then season.
- Bring up to the boil, then simmer for 30 mins till the sauce looks rich.
- Spoon one third of the meat sauce into the dish, then cover some fresh lasagne sheets from a 300g pack. Drizzle over roughly 130g readymade or homemade white sauce.
- Repeat until you have 3 layers of pasta. Cover the remaining 390g white sauce, ensuring you can not see any pasta poking through.
- Scatter 125g ripped mozzarella over the top.
- Bake for 45 mins till the top is bubbling and lightly browned.